When: The 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays of the month running from 6am to noon.
Where: On Lot 5 (vacant land near Cooroora Woodworkers) in Lower Mill Road Cooroy.
What: A Farmer’s Market with an Artistic Twist, we will have market stalls with:
- Local produce - must be sourced from a grower/primary producer and not obtained through a central market. Preference given to local producers from Noosa, Cooloola and Sunshine Coast.
- Value added products eg sauces, pickles, etc from local produce
- “Made In The Biosphere” - local artists with products made in the Noosa & Great Sandy Strait Biospheres
- At each market we will provide a stall space free of charge for a community group to utilise as a fundraiser (rotated between groups)
- Business owners with these same product profiles (eg Cooroy Harvest Fresh) are also invited to have a stall
- Local entertainers
- Food and coffee stalls – Cooroy operators only permitted
- No imports or mass produced items, etc permitted
Cost for Stall Holders:
- Produce Stalls: $55 for a 3m x 3m stall and Co-op space for small growers at discounted rates
- Artisan stalls: $35 for a 3m x 3m stall
- Community Group Fundraisers: Free (one space per market)
To register your interest as a stall holder at the Cooroy Farmers & Artisan Markets, please complete an application form.
Cooroy Farmers & Artisans Market was created:
- To support local growers and artists and highlight the diversity of produce and talent in our region
- To showcase the township of Cooroy – bringing people into town who may also then visit our other retailers and/or come back for future visits
- to highlight the Mill Site Precinct particularly the Butter Factory Arts Centre, the Cooroora Woodworkers and Cooroy Camphor Laurel Inc which all have excellent examples of local artisans.